Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
Treatment options for malignant pleural mesothelioma may include:
- Surgery (see Mesothelioma Surgery)
- Radiation therapy (see Mesothelioma Radiation)
- Chemotherapy (see Mesothelioma Chemotherapy).
Key Facts on Malignant Pleural MesotheliomaThe following is a summary of key points to keep in mind about malignant pleural mesothelioma:
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma is a disease in which malignant (cancerous) cells form in the lining of the chest
- Being exposed to asbestos can affect the risk of developing this disease
- Possible signs include shortness of breath and pain under the ribcage
- Tests that examine the inside of the chest are used to find and diagnose malignant pleural mesothelioma
- Certain factors affect prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options (see Mesothelioma Survival Rate).